Wednesday, May 5, 2010

New Packaging





I thought I might share something that I started doing with my packaging for personal delivery. That means, packages that I don't mail, I hand deliver. You might have already picked up on my weakness for Philatelic things. Why not use old style wrapper and mailing cord? With the addition of my new adhesive labels which are patterned after the USPO Postcard Stamps of the latter 1870s and early 1880s, there's quite a bit of nostalgia here . . . although, admittedly, if you can remember these sort of things, you may also remember World War One . . . .



There's something about brown wrapper parcels. I dunno, maybe it's because back in my much younger days working for a printer in South Orlando, we actually wrapped our jobs like this. We did some pretty high quality work - so maybe in my small mind it speaks "quality". Here you can see the Peacock Blue label. Hmm . . . wish I had an old style hand canceler with the flag and wavy bars that was common in the U.S. at the turn of the 20th century.



Here's a close-up of one of the Labels. Owosso Graphics did a great job holding the fine hatch lines. I have another label similar to this, only a filigree oval border. Thanks, Owosso! Next label die will be ordered in copper. Notice the caveat at the bottom, lest somebody think I was up to something. You FBI guys can rest easy. Real artists and craftsmen never have to resort to counterfeiting. Labels only!!

That's it for now. BTW, thanks for the interest in the Horn Books! There will be a new batch available soon.

Good Providence in all your endeavours!

-gary



1 comment: